A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Saturday 6 November 2010

NEC - Stand C21


Now we all have our favourites at the NEC don't we... yes... and we know that many of us go armed with our shopping and must visit list all prepared for the day ahead.. well it does make life a little easier for us, especially if we only have one day at the show to get all the shopping done. What can very easily happen though, is that we end up missing out on some other fab stands in our rush to get to where we are going... I know... I've done it.
At the Stitches trade show this year, I was fortunate enough to discover a whole new range of stamps called 'Words Like Honey' and they are produced by a company called 'Time To Sow' (stand C21). Now there are background stamps, swirls, trees, birds, flowers to name but a few and they produced the most clear image you could imagine. These stamps are manufactured to a very high standard which means they produce a perfect image time after time.



This is just a few examples of what can be produced by simply using the stamps along with some Tim Holtz distress inks and the blue one in the centre has been done with embossing powders.
I am very fussy when it comes to stamps... if they don't stamp clear images time after time, I simply toss them in the bin... can't be bothered with the hassle nor the waste of card through stamping 6 times just to get a good image. My collection of 'Words Like Honey' stamps is growing quickly as I have never encountered a single issue with them.
If you are going to the NEC today or tomorrow may I strongly suggest that you pay them a little visit on stand C21... if you are lucky Emma will be there demonstrating and herself, Mandy or Tim will be more than happy to assist with any queries you may have... Just remember to tell them that Lorraine sent you along.



This card for example was created under 5 minutes... I used one of the new 'Go Kreate' die cuts available only from Samuel Taylors (stands B43 & C01) to create my card... note the depth of the embossed border it creates... then simply used TH scattered straw to distress my card and then inked up my tree image in TH shabby shutters and a small scroll image in the same colour for my corners. Voila done...
Hope you all have a fab day whether you are attending the show or not and I'll be back a little later in the day hopefully with a product review.
Happy crafting with lots of love 'n' hugs
Lorraine xxx

1 comment:

Vivi Casale said...

adorable card Lorraine!!
xxx
Vivi