A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 5 November 2010

Decopatch delight


Morning folks... after the day I had yesterday, I decided to have a little me time last night, something to just sit back and do whilst relaxing watching the tv... and here is what I made. Apologies for the bad pictures but it's a rather dismal day here and so I've had to use the flash. Think I need to get some good advice from a photographer friend... lol. Anyway, you may or may not remember that I bought myself a little decopatch bowl to play with during my last visit to Damselfly Crafts and here is the finished product, all decopatched up and ready to use... only question is what to do with it.. coming up on christmas do I use it for some yummy spicy pot pourri or do I decorate a display candle or will I just use it for storing sweeties over the festive season... oh the mind boggles. Can you tell this is going to be a real multi function bowl...
I also thought that this would make a lovely reminder gift for someone at christmas and being as it only cost around £5 to make... it sure would help with the budget this year. We are all making cutbacks on our spending and what better way to do it than to give hand made gifts this year. People always appreciate something that you've taken time to do yourself and it makes for a much more personalised gift too.



Here is a picture to give you an idea of what the finished product looks like on the inside. Again, apologies for the flash interference.


And just so you know... it's already found it's first useful purpose within the house... it's currently storing all my lovely handmade jewellery that I had for the show, kindly given to me to wear by the lovely Lynsey at Ashby Designs.
Well... that's all from me for the moment.. time to get the house in order as I've got my step daughter visiting tonight so work will have to cease at an earlier time than normal.. at least if I have the house in order before lunch it will still give me all afternoon to get on with things.
Toodles for now my lovelies
Lorraine xxx

No comments: