A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 23 January 2009

Rainbow Ladys Challenge


Good morning folks from what I can only describe as a lovely fresh sunny Motherwell.... yippee we have some sun out today although it is still really cold bbbrrrrrr..... but I'm happy....
Rainbow Lady's guest designer this week is the lovely Hazel & she decided that we had to come up with a creation using peel offs... yes I know many of us still think of borders & corners but peel offs really have came a long way over the last 2 years & nowadays there are some lovely designs available...
Here I used an acrylic tag to add my peel off to, which I then coloured with some Sakura Silver Shadow pens. Now I coloured this on the reverse of the tag & the marvellous thing about these pens is that you can then polish them with a piece of tissue or cotton wool, which I done to create a bit of a burnished effect in the colour... 2 pieces of satin ribbon finishes it all off...
Voila, one quick & simple tag.
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

15 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

Wow i love your tag its gorgeous,great visiting your blog,full of inspiration thanks for sharing :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Anne said...

I must admit to being someone who hates peel offs but seeing them used this way has made me rethink.
Thanks for the inspiration Lorrane

Hazel (Didos) said...

Really love the tag. It is stunning.I agree with you, Peel offs have come a long way since I started crafting seriously 3 years ago. I don't use them as much as I used to but they are a staple when I need a quick card. Thanks for doing the Challenge, Love Hazel xo

Rainbow Lady said...

Thanks for doing the challenge my friend. This is a lovely tag, and I agree we don't use peel offs enough. Love Cynthia x

Sally said...

I am not fond of peel offs, but this is absolutely stunning. I may have to give this a try. Where did you get your acrylic tag?

Alice said...

Very nice! I made a mistake: I put my name 2 times in your second blog candy!!!
Alice

AliMayes said...

Lovely tag -- it looks just like stained glass!
Ali xx

RubyMay said...

what a brilliant idea...I agree with the others...it looks just like stained glass. Lovely x

Jill said...

ohh Lorraine this is stunning and the colouring on the acrylic looks wonderful hugs Jill x

Emma said...

Oh Lorraine...noth gorgeous creations, certainly makes you think about peel offs.
Emma x

Anonymous said...

Me again....

Lovely and so delicate...
Hugs Angel

Bev said...

I haven't used a peel off in years but you're right, they have come a long way, this is fab Lorraine. At first I thought it was stamped and heat embossed.

hugs Bev x

ella bella said...

this is stunning, really elegant. love it
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Oh what a brilliant idea with a stunning result.... love it :)

Sam
x

Heather said...

WOW - stunning - Yes peel offs have come a long way recently. I think you might have inspired me to have a go with some.
hugs Heather xx