A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Sunday 18 January 2009

King's Feast

How often do you get any help in making your cards unless it's from the children in your life???
Well the challenge this week over at Daring Cardmakers was to get someone else to make your card under your instruction... hmmmm who could help me with this I wonder as there is only my dear old hubby & me in the house....
Over at Stamp Something we were given the task of making a birthday card....
And then as I rushed to grab my Penny Black stamps on Friday all ready to go on Saturday (my new ones I bought in the sales of course) I waited in anticipation...... yippee we have to work with dots..... well that's easy... grabbing my Funky Hand CD....
Now I've never tried this before & seeing as I had managed to talk poor Rob into helping me for my Daring Cardmakers, I thought I'd take advantage & see if I could get him to make a card for all 3 challenges rolled into 1.... Yipe... never done it myself, let alone instruct someone else to do it... so that was actually a challenge for me..
Now we did have a fight over who was colouring in the image as he wanted to but gave up when he finally got a thump with my tin that contains all my Sakura pens.... Hands off my lad no-one touches these....
He often helps me with layouts as he is looking at them from a different angle but this is his first ever attempt at actually making a card & I think he done very good... he did infact listen carefully & follow all of my instructions... shame he's not like that the rest of the time...
Anyway, I hope you like his finished card & I for one am very very proud of him...
Hard at work

Moans & groans.....

Making sure it's in place


The Finished Card
Now his Mom who lives in California is not a blogger but does have a look around mine as it helps her keep up with my going-ons so to Mom Cheryl "I hope you like what Rob created"... didn't he do well & I know you'll be very surprised that I managed to convince him to help... after all you gave birth to him & know all too well what he is like... Love ya honey.
To everyone else in blogland... hope you're having a great weekend & looking forward to more new challenges tomorrow...
Don't forget to check out my BLOG CANDY
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx



29 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Woohoo Well done Rob, Lorraine hide your pens lol. This is fab. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Bev said...

Lol at the thump with the tin remark - too funny! My hubby would never ever attempt this - he would be petrified to touch anything in my craft room lol.

Its a fabulous card - Lorraine watch your stash girl!!

huggles Bev x

Kath Stewart said...

wow well done Rob and hey we have 2 crafters in the house now...gorgeous card and love the layout
Hugs
kath
xxxx

SueH said...

Lorraine, I can fully understand the need to keep unwilling or will helpers for that matter, away from our Sakura Pens but I have to say, Rob has done a grand job with that card. I couldn’t help noticing that in that first photo he looks like he’s biting his bottom lip……he must have been concentrating so hard poor love.

A Gold star to the instructor too, it can’t have been easy tackling three challenges with a novice in tow, so well done!

Happy Crafter said...

Wow did'nt Rob do well i love it,but you know as well as us lot how addictive this crafting can be so if i were you my stash would be under guard 24/7 :0)
Hugzz Val xxx

Cathy said...

Wow Rob that is a great card - Lorraine you are obviously a good teacher! Hope the tin injury wasn't too long lasting!!
Fabulous card, and you are a braver woman than me - never will the hubby touch anything of mine!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Gayle said...

Well done Rob!
Better than that wife of yours could do ;-}
Forgot about candy....will do it tomorrow!
Luv'n'Hugs (to you both)
Gayle x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You are one brave woman Lorraine! I would never trust my hubby. All I can say to Rob is - Fantastic work! You should be very proud of yourself. That's a devine card. Well Done!
Sharon xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super job Rob! Thanks for joining our challenge and way to go Lorraine, looks like you gave some fine instructions! :)

Sally said...

Well done Rob and Congrats to you Lorraine for being such a fantastic teacher/coach. You best start hiding your crafting supplies or they may become HIS! Great Card

Annie said...

Oh well done you - can't believe you not only got him to make a card but also got him to pose too. It must be true love.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog. You are kind.

I've not entered your blog candy as I got those stamps for Christmas but someone is going to be so lucky.

Ann xxx

Sue said...

Unbelievable!!!! there is no one in this house that would help me with that one i didnt even bother asking. Well done Rob and Lorraine!!!

xxx Sue

Lorraine A said...

I am dead impressed Lorraine !! How did you get your hubby to do that, he must be a pussy cat :-) I think I'd have to ply him with alcohol to attempt this challenge, n then the card would be useless so not worth attempting !!
Well done Rob :-)

tiggertastic said...

fantastic work from Rob, love the layout he has created and also the little pearl in the flower is a very pretty touch.

Sarah x

Mel said...

What a super card, well done Rob ~ Mel

Anonymous said...

lorraine he has done well! he'll be getting a taste for it and taking over soon lol!

Kathy said...

Well done to you both 3 in 1 and the dcm such a toughie - you deserve a gold star each

Bev said...

Hiya Hunny, I have something for you on my blog

hugs Bev x

ella bella said...

wow well done Rob great card :)

have a great week Lorraine
hugs
Tracy x.

debra said...

This is a great card rob, watch out Lorraine he'll be competing against you before long lol.
Debra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! and Rob did a fab job :D
Hugs, Marlen ex

Rosanne said...

He created a great card!

Debbie said...

Great card Rob! and look out Lorranie I think you have some crafty competition in the house :) Debbie x

Beth said...

This is so fab! Well done Rob! Mmmm, I wonder if Jamie would do this? I'm not too sure! Great colouring too! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

tracie said...

gorgoeus card Lorraine, get help from Rob - not sure my OH would be so willing..
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Lythan said...

that is fantastic! the boy done good.

Pauline C said...

Hi Lorraine - wow what a brilliant dotty card and what an achievement for Rob's first card -you want to be careful or he'll be getting hooked and stealing your stash lol!!. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Hasn't he done well!!! Fab card :)

Vanessa.

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really lovely