A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Thursday 20 January 2011

Funny folks..

Just what part of 'WORK at home' is it that some people just do not understand...

My friend called me today wanting to go on a shopping trip tomorrow..
Sorry no can do I said as I've got work to do you know..
Aye but you work from home she said..
Yes I do.. WORK being the word.. Surely working from home means you can take time off whenever you want she says...
NO.. I said.. That means I have 'work' to do and can't go floating around willy nilly whenever it takes my fancy.. I have deadlines to meet, orders to fill and somehow I don't think people would be very pleased if I told them their order was late because I was out and about having a social life..

She still does not understand how I can't do.. Gosh if I want a day away from the office I have to arrange it about 3 weeks in advance.. Not flaming 3 hours..

No work... No income... That's the bottom line of it.

Silly girl that she is.. But it did make me giggle...

Right.. Back to WORK for me now.. Lol

Love 'n' hugs
Lorraine xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lorraine, this is one grouch I can so identify with. I'm retired now but when I was working as a freelance author's assistant and working out of this very room (called it the office back then) even my DH thought I could just drop everything on a sunny day and go play on the beach! Your self-employed = your available to some methinks. But if you take time during the day you'll be burning the midnight oil to catch up. Regards, Elizabeth