A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Daring Cardmakers Challenge

This week over at Daring Cardmakers the challenge is to work to the theme of "Feeling Green" ie lots of green on your card in as many shades as you like.... well this is not an easy one for me as I have a restricted amount of green & have decided I really will have to make an investment to slightly broaden my range....


Here I used a green base card & then added a green spotted vellum wrapper... then some letter tabs which came free in some magazine, goodness only knows when. Green DCWV card around which I wrapped some Dovecraft fibre, then stamped a leaf on some thin white card so that when I water coloured I would slightly warp the card to give the effect of the wind blowing the leaf. The leaf itself was coloured using Bruynzeel Aquarel pencils.
Sorry the picture does not show the true colours but at this time of night it's very hard to get a decent picture...
Hope you are all joining in the fun this week or challenge if you're like me when it comes to green...
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

12 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Cool.........

Anonymous said...

Great card Lorraine...love the stamp....
Good Luck at the demo..
Yaah
Have a lovely wednesday:)~X~

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.


Tonya

Sally said...

Great card. That would be a tough challenge for me. I don't have lots of green either.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, green is lovely....
Hugs Angel

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the dare matey...and I love the fibres tied around
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Jozza said...

Gorgeous card - so fresh looking. Thanks for playing x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is lovely, really like the fresh greens you have used. Hazelxo

jodie said...

beautiful card lorainne

jodie xx

Dawn said...

Wow I love this - it's so different and elegant Lorraine!

Huggs

Dawn
x

Phree said...

Great card, love how fresh it feels.

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card