A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 20 February 2009

Chocolate muffin time...

Well it has been one of those dark dismal days ever since I awoke this morning.. as you will know if you read my previous posting... I did think that it would get better as the day went on but instead that was only the start of the crap hitting the fan...
My dear hubby is an Independent Mortgage Advisor and runs his own company... well you don't need to be a member of Mensa to realise that business has definately not been good over the last 6 months. He has been doing his best to make things work but unfortunately the Government is allowing the banks to offer better deals than IFA's can offer so basically there has been no work for several months now... He has been forced to close shops & make redundancies which has been soul destroying as he knew he was putting people out of work at a time when there are very few jobs around... sadly he had no option...

Things today have just gone from bad to worse & now he fears that his business will have to close completely as they have large outlays & no income... so where does that leave us.... dear hubby will have to find something else to do & he has only ever worked in the financial sector since leaving school and I may also have to find some other form of income if there are not enough demo jobs around... we will just have to ride this storm like everyone else in Britain... what a wonderful world we are living in .... NOT......
Here is a little card I made today during my depressive mood....

Tonight I have actually made the real thing in the form of a 5 minute chocolate cake....

Papers are from Basic Grey Sugared collection... the cupcake base is corrugated card with some shimmer yarn wrapped around.. I used some bright pink embossing powder for the sprinkles and a brown button to imitate a cherry on top...
Well sorry to have shared my bad news with you all but thank you for reading... and hopefully I will be in better spirits when I return tomorrow... Until then.
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

13 comments:

Cathy Glitter Happy said...

Oh hun i feel for you i do ,here in Northern Ireland things are the same its been really hard i hope your hubby gets something soon and enjoy your cake xx cathy

Kath Stewart said...

so sorry to read this Lorraine...what can I say....I am thinking of you both....what's gotta happen before this stupid Government of ours does something about all this crap.
Hugs Kath xxxx

Dawn said...

Your card is almost like my 3 minute deadly cake recipe !!! LOL

So sorry to hear about hubby - it's a terrible world we are living in just now - I know with me taking redundancy then all this credit crunch happening I no longer can spend willy nilly especially on my beloved craft supplies! I have to think before I spend anything.Grrr!! Not used to that.
I hope he finds something else if he has to - it's hard to stay positive but it's sometimes the only way - believing that something will come along - that's what I am trying to do anyway...
I am keeping fingers, toes and legs crossed for us all!!!

Heaps of Hugs
Stay Bright and Strong...

Dawn
xx

Diamond Doll said...

Oh Lorraine so sorry to hear this news, i do hope things pick up for you and your hubby soon. My hubby and his mate have their own Maintenance Business and a lot of people have had quotes for work before xmas and are now deciding because of the way things are they are not having the work done yet so hopefully his wont go under.
Keep smiling whatever happens.
Trish (-:

Happy Crafter said...

This looks good enough to eat Lorriane, yummy its gorgeous :)
I am sorry to hear about how bad things are at the moment, you and poor hubby must be very worried, i only hope things will improve for everyone a.s.a.p.
My dear mum always said when one door closes for you a better one opens how i wish that to be true for you.
Hugzz Val xxx

Anonymous said...

Hope things pick up for you soon hun, and anyone else in the same position at the mo.
On a brighter note, I just love your card, and now fancy a choccy muffin, lucky i'm now off to a shop that has a gorg cafe!
Lou XX

Cathy said...

Aww Lorraine, so sorry for you and hubby - hopefully thinks will pick up soon ... its affecting so many people.
Love the card - what a great cake, and love the fibre round the middle.
Hugs
Cathy xx

scotspanda said...

oh dear I feel for you and your family Lorraine, this situation seems to hit us all one way or another. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Keep yer chin up hun

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lorraine So Sorry to hear the news of your Hubby's job. Gosh isn't the world just a bit rubbish at times. Hope things pick up soon for you.
Love the cake card, might have to make some cookies this afternoon . Hazelxo

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) I am so sorry for what you all are going through. The economy is awful everywhere it seems. My hubby just took a large pay cut which is really hurting us plus medical bills have piled up. I may have to go find a job and I have not worked outside of the home in 16 years so I am alittle nervous. I will certainly be thinking of you all and hope that things get better soon!

On a positive note....your card is adorable. >:0)



Tonya

Karen said...

so sorry to hear your news big hugs for you and hubby, hope something good happens x x x

Anonymous said...

Arrggghhhh Lorriaine...

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY....
I am so sorry matey, but i know the kind of heartache you must both be going through, when something affects your lively hood,
it's is so hard to pick yourself up again,
Please keep that scottish cheeky smile smiling....
All my love to you all...
Hugs Angel and Family....

ella bella said...

awww Lorraine so sorry to hear your news really hope something turns up soon for you.
sending you a big hug
Tracy & Holly x