A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 9 February 2009

Another challenge or two....

I've actually been quite enjoying myself over the past few weeks challenging myself to try & make one card by combining 2 challenges... Takes your projects to yet another level....

Well this one here is for the Daring Cardmakers Challenge which is "Oriental Splendor" but you are not allowed to use red or black.... the 2nd is for the Colour Create Challenge which this week is to use the colours Peach & Aqua with the additional option of DIY flowers...
Oh my not off to a very good start as these are not colours I would generally use... wasn't even sure I had much in those colours...
Well low & behold I had Debbi Moore Aqua embossing powder... super... heat embossed this then coloured the flowers peach using Sakura Stardust... Oh the oriental blossom image is by the very talented Barbara Gray at Clarity Stamp.... I then inked the edge of the image with Colorbox peach....
The background is hand stitched paper and fortunately I had some peach paper from way way back from which I cut some flowers and then used the aqua background for the centre of the flowers...
Another 2 challenges complete... woohoo.....
Oh my me wonders what will be next on my agenda.... will have to pop off now & have a nosey...
Back with you all again soon.....
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxxxx

14 comments:

Tara said...

I love your card Lorraine, it really is amazing what we can find when we have a good root isn't it? I love the aqua paper, it's gotgeous and your DIY flowers are lovely too!
Thanks for joining in this week at Colour Create! xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

WTG Lorraine! Stunning card! That hand stitched paper is seeennnsational! Love the DIY flowers too. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Joey said...

Hi lorraine, gorgeous card, you have really made aqua and peach look a treat. theres a little something for you on my blog.xxx

Kath Stewart said...

wow this is a stunner...love that hand stitched paper and great take on the challenge
Hugs kath xxxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

I love what you have done with this card hun its stunning!!!


Emma xxx

Heather said...

WOW - Lorraine - stunning!! That aqua bp is gorgeous and your flowers are so 'cute'.
Thanks for joining us at Colour Create.
hugs Heather xx

Happy Crafter said...

Oh Lorraine beautiful card love that paper and the image :)
Val xxx

Diamond Doll said...

Wow Lorraine what a lovely card,the papers fab and i love the flowers.
Trish (-:

Wiccababe said...

I really like that - most folk that entered that challenge seem to have gone with the peach as the most prominent colour, but I really like that you've gone with the Aqua
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great flowers.
Hugs, Vanja

Sally said...

Before I scrolled down to read the rest of your post I thought how beautifully oriental your card was. LOL. Really beautiful. Love the colors.

Pink Dandelion said...

Brilliant card, love it. Debs x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card, colours, stamp, layout........just everything about it......amazing

SueH said...

This is such a stunning card Lorraine.

The colours are beautiful but I think it’s the hand stitched paper that really sets it off.

Thanks for joining in with the DCM dare this week.
Sue
x