A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 10 September 2010

Papertake Weekly Challenge


Morning all... and hope it's a good one at that for you. It's nice here indoors, but unpleasant outdoors... yucky heavy cloudy skies and drizzle... where oh where has my sunshine gone....
Alas, our crafting continues no matter what the weather and today I'm kicking off with this week Papertake Weekly challenge. For my card I used my new 'Words Like Honey' stamps... loved the fact that I was able to produce my own background with a miniature tree identical to my larger image... My base card was stamped & heat embossed with miniature trees then distressed slightly with some good old distress inks... my next layer was stamped with a classy gold scroll... this time it was heat embossed with gold powder and distressed with blue ink... next layer I created a slight wood effect by rubbing my versamark over some bazzill cardstock and then heat embossing in gold... some lace was tied around all this and it was attached to the card. Finally I stamped & embossed my main image and distressed again before mounting with foam pads. My lace came from a kit I picked up at Angel Crafts..
Sorry this is short & brief but need to be out of the house in half an hour so need to quickly jump in the shower... but... I'll be back this afternoon and I have another little something to share with you all then.
Toodles for now.
Love 'n' hugs
Lorraine xxx

2 comments:

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a pretty card lorraine
hugs sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fantastic Lorraine! I think it would make a fab picture for a wall if it was framed - gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at PTW x