A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 6 September 2010

Plain Monochrome


Now I've had a few deaths around me over the last few days and I certainly hope that there are no more to come... and what's worse than making a man's card is the making of a sympathy card. I always find it hard to come up with ideas for sympathy as I don't like the ones that make me feel sad but I like if they portray a life after death and that our dearly beloved are simply returning to nature.
Yesterday I had to make yet another card and this time I decided to go with basic black & white and opted for my new 'Words Like Honey' stamps. First up I love the tree because it looks alive but the little birds are also perched upon it ready to take flight into the unknown... although the birds may fly (our dearly beloved) what they leave behind will continue to grow (the family)... and a simple sentiment and some adhesive pearls to finish off.
All in all a very simple card but that to me is what a sympathy card should be.
Right I'm off now to do some housework before commencing some dirty work in my craft room.
Love 'n' hugs
Lorraine xxx

3 comments:

Anne said...

I like this Lorraine and love your thinking behind the image.
Anne x

Ali Watson said...

Perfect for the occasion. Love this image. Have a super day. Hugs Ali x

Kat said...

Very elegant Lorraine and just perfect for a Sympathy card. You never need one do you? I always find you need a few at a time!

Kat xx