A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 5 February 2010

Still to be scrubbed....


Well here we go again folks... I have done my best to get a relatively good pic, but the space is small & I had to stand outside the door to try & get this much.... lol....
As you can see I went for a white shower screen instead of chrome.... it was one of those judgements you always question until you see the end result & I think I made the right one. Even although the shower itself & taps are chrome I decided to keep the frame white in keeping with the w.c & sink... felt that it would look a bit strange if I then threw a big old chrome frame into the middle of it all.... I'm still in awe though at just how much the w.c. is reflecting in the shower glass... hmmm... wonder how long I can maintain that look.... I'm not the best glass cleaner... tee hee... always end up with streaks somewhere...
We decided to stick with the floor temporarily to save money (it's a little tight at the moment) but now that everything else is in place it stands out like a sore thumb... YUCK.... the good thing being that I have tiles left over so I'm going to call the tilers & see how much they would take to fit my floor... other alternative is to throw some lino down.


Now... again we tried to save some cash by keeping our old w.c. & sink... they are afterall porcelain & in perfectly good condition. The taps on the otherhand... well... they were what told you that they were a decade old & used... Easy peezy.... a good old scrub of the sink whilst it was off the wall & replaced the old taps with new ones from the DIY store.... now you would think I have a new sink too... only thing is... it didn't cost a fortune.
Now, we just have to wait until tomorrow so I can get it all scrubbed up & we can finally have a shower again. YIPPEE....
Oh yes... I did have to do some shopping yesterday too.... you know.... new bath towels, toilet brush etc so they all matched... lol.
Catch you all later.
Lorraine
xxx

3 comments:

Janette said...

Looks fab,done pretty fast too....bet you don't feel that way....it's gorgeous.x

Kat said...

This is really gorgeous Lorraine, very classy. My ensuite is pretty tiny and luckily the shower is tiled on three sides cos I'm not very good with glass either!

Kat x

Unknown said...

I am so jealous - looks lovely. Well done on all the recycling too, if it ain't broke don't fix it xxxx