A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 6 April 2009

Sketch Saturday

A very good Monday morning to all you lovely bloggers out there & I hope you've all had a fab weekend & are now refreshed & prepared for the week ahead.
I have decided to start off the week with a new challenge... this time it's one set by Tracie over at Sketch Saturday. Quite relieved actually that it's a nice easy one to break me into this challenge site and I must admit that as soon as I saw the sketch, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
You see when it was my birthday, I received the most wonderful stash of goodies from my blogging buddy Tracy & her amazing daughter Holly. Sadly I have not had the time to play with them until now so here goes...

Covered some cardstock with paper then doodled around the edges, then attached a white border, another on top of that created with my Fiskars Threading Water punch & finally some ribbon then attached 2 flowers with some card candy for the centre.

Next up, some matting & layering... white card, then paper, then more white card with my stamped image.

I wanted my image to be bright & funky so I opted to use my Sakura Souffle for the colouring & then to re-highlight areas of stamped image outline that I had accidentally covered with my souffle pen, I used my Pigma Micron pen. Finally some more doodling around the edge, then it was mounted using 3d foam.

On either side of the image I placed 3 pieces of card candy as per the sketch.

Papers : K&Co

Image, ribbon & flowers : Tracy & Holly

Card Candy : Craftwork Cards

Souffle & Pigma Micron Pens : Sakura


Well I now have to see if I can find any more challenges to be getting on with today.

Have a Fab Monday and I'll be back again tonight.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

11 comments:

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card babes, love the colours they are fab :o) great image too, she's cute

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Anne said...

Beauriful Lorriane
hugs
Anne x

Kath Stewart said...

another scrummylicious card and great to see you back in challenge mode....Hugs Kath xxxx

Joey said...

Hi Lorraine, I love this! gorgeous paper and colours, fabby colouring. Joey.x

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Lorraine, love the image and the bp's are great!
Clairex

Donnas Den said...

I really love the colour combination you've used on this card.

Donna

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous card missus. You've got me in the mood to have a wee go at this sketch too. Cute image and love the colours you have used. Hope you are well. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, love the image, that was a great sketch wasnt it??

xx Sue

Sandra said...

Cute card Lorraine.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Holly said...

your card is gorgeous Lorraine I love the little girl and the pretty flower
hugs
Holly x

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, you've put so much work into it too *claps*
Thank you for joining us this week.
Jo xx