A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Card to help a blogger....

Whilst doing some blog hopping today & I do apologise as I didn't manage to visit everyone...
I stumbled upon a fellow blogger who is currently asking for our help. You see her husband is very worried that he is about to be laid off from work any moment now and he is due to celebrate his birthday on Saturday... Poor guy....
Well he has told her they will not be celebrating due to their current uncertainty on the job front, so she came up with a super idea to cheer him up... she is asking that if anyone has time to spare, could they possibly make him a birthday card...
Now during my bad times I received some fantastic cards from you blogging buddies out there and I will treasure them forever... and at the time they really did cheer me up no end so I thought it only right that I share this with someone else...
I decided to go with a black & white theme as I love these little badgers & hope that although they're not having the best of times at the moment, perhaps on Saturday they can cuddle up & show each other love just like the little badgers are doing.
If you can help please visit Clare

Scalloped matts from Craftwork Cards

Decoupage & sentiment from Cardology

Gems from stash


Tonight I'm working on some cards which are going to be sent out for our wonderful troops. My mums friends son is a Sergeant Major in the army and he says that the guys & gals are so pleased when they receive goody boxes from people they don't even know. So many of them are away from home for months on end & to just be able to send a little card home to a friend or loved one can really help to keep them going... this is where most of my challenge cards go to but this is an extra lot I have decided to do for them. There is so much misery & grief around just now that I wanted to do something to give me a feel good factor...

Righty ho... back to work for me & I'll see you all again in the morning.

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx


3 comments:

clare said...

aww..Lorraine..this has truely brought a tear to my eye,i so love this card that dean will be receiving..and i can asure you that he will as well...thanks once again hun..and thanks for spreading the word..your post is so touching (((((lorraine)))
from the both of us xxxx clare & dean xxx (don't worry ive not shown him..lol)

Anonymous said...

Awww Lorraine a beautiful idea, and i am sure he will love it. You have been a busy bee since i last popped over, all fantastic hun, hopefully once my printer and pc is sorted i can come join in again, missed so much...
Take care,
Hugs Angel

Riet said...

wowww Lorriane,what a gorgeous card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x