A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Saturday 5 December 2015

Saturday morning crafting..

Well folks it's a rather unpleasant day outside again but I've got plenty to keep me occupied indoors so I'm not complaining.   Nothing nicer than feeling toasty when you know it's chilly out.

So I've kick started the day by having a little play making a sample for the shop.   We have these fabulous sacks in stock and when I saw them I immediately saw Santa and Rudolph..  they're just perfect for filling with pressies for the kids to open on Christmas morning. 

To begin I downloaded an image from Google (well actually I asked Alan in the work to do it for me lol) which I then cut out in sections and traced on to some bondaweb. 

Next I ironed the bondaweb on to some felt and cut around the shape.  As I collected all my elements I heat set them layer by layer ie I ironed the black on to the white of the eyes then on to the actual face.  I simply continued to do this until the image was complete. 

Now I have to be honest here and say I have NEVER used bondaweb before so I was going out on a limb and hoping for a positive outcome.  

My opinion..  not bad for a first attempt lol

Products used:

Sack bag
Bondaweb
Felt
Google image
Hot iron
Grease proof paper (place this over your felt before ironing)

Time to jump in the shower now and try make myself as presentable as Rudolph.. 

Toodles
Xxx

No comments: