A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Saturday 13 March 2010

Happy Mothers Day...



Evening folks... gosh I can't believe how the day has gone by already... then again I was sitting in my pj's till gone lunch time... lazy old sod that I was today but I did need a little rest you know. Granted that although I was lazing around I still managed to pull together a little something for my mum for mothers day.
My mother & I very often clash with characters but at the end of the day we still love each other & are always there to provide support when it is needed... she is also often known to go on merry jaunts around the country with me.. whilst I'm demoing she's off out perusing all the local shops to see what goodies she can put in her bag to take home with her... she is a true master in her division... lol.
I decided to make her something nice & bright for tomorrow from my little stash I bought at the SECC... Here I used a scalloped card, papers, half of a decorative mat and some candy, complete with flowers, gems, pearl button & pin... the sentiment I have written with a coloured Sakura pigma micron pen.

Thought I'd give you a close up on the pearl button & pin as they are gorgeous.

Card, paper, decorative mat & candy @ Craftwork Cards

Prima flowers, stickles, gems, pearl button & pin @ The Hobby House

Sakura Pigma Micron pens (Black & Coloured) @ Markingworld

Hope you've all had a good start to the weekend with plenty more fun planned for tomorrow. Lots of crafting too of course... me... I need to get some studying done as less than a week to go now till my essay deadline & my work schedule so far hasn't allowed me time to even make a start on it so really pushing the deadline on this one... fingers crossed eh !!!

Right well I think that's enough dribble drabble from me this evening so I will bid you all a fond farewell till the sun rises upon a new day tomorrow.

Happy crafting with love & hugs

Lorraine xxx

P.s. don't forget to check out the candy if you haven't already done so. x


5 comments:

Kat said...

I think your Mum will love this card. And congrats on going to the NEC to demonstrate. You'll have a great time! And good luck with the studying, it seems so long ago now since I studied with the OU!

Kat xx

peggy said...

Great card , and love your hand written sentiment !!!

Enjoy your sunday .... good luck with studying !!!

Peggy xx

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card. Love all they flowers and the pin and pearl are fab. My mother and I clash quite often too but we are still very close too. It's the same with me and my daughter - think thats what motehrs are meant to do, lol

Hugs
Suzanne

Rainbow Lady said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine why not link it to my challenge this week. Love Cynthia x

Di said...

Beautiful hun i am sure your mum just loved it!! and i often laze around in my pjs till lunch too!! us ladies need some slob time!!!LOl!
thanks for joining The rainbow Challenge

Hugs Di xxx