A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Penny Black Challenge


Well here we are again, another day, another card & I'm feeling quite proud of myself this week, considering how few challenges I've managed over the last few months I think I'm doing pretty well.
Today it is time for the Penny Black challenge which this week is a "monochromatic" theme... This actually worked out quite well for me as our friends had a little girl on Saturday whom they have called Poppy... Rather sweet I think... well I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and use the challenge to create the baby card... May I just say that although this only a 10 minute make it did infact take me about 6 hours to complete as I constantly had people popping in & out... Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My precious crafting time stollen from beneath my nose... me thinks that I may well have to lock the doors & draw the curtains today so they all think I'm still in bed...
I do apologise for the picture today but my hubby has stolen the camera for work today so I had to take the picture last night using my under unit lights in the kitchen... but for the record everything is different shades of pink.
Papers Pink handmade paper stack from Cardology
Image Penny Black Topsy Turvey (3466F)
Sentiment : American Craft Thickers (coloured with brush markers)
Image stamped using brush markers & blended with Koi water brush
Flowers & Gems from my stash
Hope you're all joining in the fun this week. Happy crafting...
Lorraine xxx

9 comments:

Chris said...

Wow!! you are on a roll now missus...totally lovin' all your gorgeous cards and the image on this one is completely adorable. Way to go and glad to see you having fun again :D
hugs
Chris xx

Ann said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, such a pretty name for the baby too!! xx

Pauline C said...

Fab card for the challenge - cute image with all those shades of pink. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

wow you are definitely back with a bang and what a gorgeous card for the new baby - love the papers and the cute image and thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
Kath
xxxx

tracie said...

oh Lorraine this is adorable, those papers are gorgeous - love it. Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine.Love the different shades of pink handmade paper.

Cass xxx

Anonymous said...

`Wow` Lorraine this is `gorgeous` Well it`s great to see you back crafting again!!!just gonna check out all those beauty`s I`v missed out on!!!
Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

Debbie said...

Fab card Lorraine, love the cute image and all the pinkness :) Debbie x

Dawn said...

Aww what an absolutely gorgeous baby card - How sweet is that wee babe!!

Dawn
x