A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Tuesday 24 March 2009

Sakura Souffle Pens

I know I said I would be back yesterday with this project but the day didn't quite go to plan so here is my little Sakura Souffle project for you all to share with me now....
Sakura Souffle is yet another amazing pen that can be used on a multitude of surfaces... not just card or paper... it can be used on:
White/coloured card, Parchment, Pearlescent, Shrink Plastic, Metal, Acetate, Glass, Plastic & Terracotta...
For this project I used a miniature terracotta plant pot to which I attached some outline peel offs... like the Sakura Glaze pens... you simply have to colour in & you can easily tell when the ink is dry as you will see the colour change... when applied the colour is darker and turns to a lighter shade during the drying process... this only takes a few minutes...
Once the pot was complete I then stuffed it with some tissue paper & covered the surface with silicone... I then inserted my wire stemmed flowers where I wanted them to be & to finish it all off, I hide the silicone with some flower soft....



What I most like about this is the fact that you do not lose the texture of the pot when you apply the Sakura Souffle... as you can see in the close up above... the ink has moulded itself around the suface texture... but if you didn't want to retain this effect then you could simply add an additional layer of Souffle to even the whole image out.
I also like the fact that the ink itself can work alongside both the textures of the felt & the flower soft... as many a time I have found myself not being able to use certain products as they clash... this was not the case with the Sakura Souffle...
Now that this is complete, I can have a look around & see what I'm going to play with next...
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

9 comments:

Moni said...

As allways gorgeous! Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

Oh I love that, what a great idea

Jan x

Diamond Doll said...

This is fab!
Trish (-:

Joey said...

This is lovely Lorraine, the pens looks great on the pot. Joey.x

peggy said...

Hi Lorraine,

This is awesome !!!!

Hugs,

Peggy

Anne said...

really pretty Lorraine
hugs
Anne x

Cass said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine.I must admit I sadly neglect my Glaze and Souffle pens.
Cass xxx

Anonymous said...

This is great! Super job, Lorraine.

Daisychain said...

This is beautiful, what a great idea. I'm thinking a really tiny one would look great in my dolls house...

Hugs Christine x