A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 23 March 2009

Sakura on Tin

Here's to another fine Monday morning my lovelies & hoping it proves to be a good week for all.
Now at the moment I'm currently in the process of making up a whole load of Sakura samples and therefore, I'm working my way through & having a good old play with everything in my demo kit, combined with different surfaces.. you see Sakura don't believe in making simply for paper/card application...
Here I have used a min tin bucket which I purchased from Hobbycraft (great bargains if you look for them), then I have simply attached a peel off design direct to the tin.... as the tin is a silvery colour & so too is the peel off, it gives the possibility that this could infact be an embossed bucket... now comes the complicated bit.... colour in the peel off with your Sakura Glaze Pens...

I hasten to add though that as the glaze pens have a succulent flow it is necessary to work on it one section at a time in order to enable the ink to dry... if you try to turn too quickly... your ink will run & puddle..... but as the ink only takes a few minutes to dry, it's not all that time consuming...



Just imagine all the lovely little things you too could create for around the home or as a keepsake gift for friends or family...
Next time I'm at Hobbycraft I will pick up some oasis etc as I plan to add some stemed flowers to create a floral display... will do my best to remember & post a pic when it is 100% complete.
For all those out there that already have a Sakura supply... what are you waiting for... let's get creating...
Remember you can now purchase your Sakura products direct online from the UK distributor at
Hope to be back later with another little creation... this time using Sakura Souffle Pens...
Lots of hugs
Lorraine xxx

7 comments:

Anne said...

Morning Lorriane,
Consider me inspired!! I do like that, something different.
hugs
Anne x

scotspanda said...

ooooh love it chick, very funky and perfect for gifts.......no-one else would have the same!

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

peggy said...

Hi Lorraine,

What a fabulous idea !!!!
I love it !!

Hugs,

Peggy

Kim. said...

Ooh Lorraine I love it, I have been thinking of ideas to store my pens in colour sections and this has just given me a thought, my daughter said she saw some small buckets in our local garden centre and now I know I can 'alter' them I will send her off to buy me some.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Kim xXx

Christine said...

I've got some oasis; you want me to bring it over. Ya, right!!! All the way from Idaho. Anyway, your bucket is lovely. I can't wait to see what you do tomorrow. I have souffle pens so I would love to see another way of using them.

Blessings,
Christine

Linda . J said...

Hi Lorraine I love the bucket and what a great idea for peel offs.
Hugs Linda

Kath Stewart said...

what a great idea and can't wait to see it with an arrangement in it
Hugs Kath xxxxx