A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Sunday 1 March 2009

Birthday Pics

Good day to all you lovely peeps of mine out there in blogland... hope you are all having a wonderful weekend just like I am....
I thought that I would share some of my lovely birthday delights with you today so that it can never be said that I am selfish & keep all these beauties to myself. Hope you've got a few minutes to look through these pictures...
First up is another part of my birthday pressie from my lovely buddie Gayle... she also gave me my stunning Leeanne Ellis print which arrived the other day... now I have 2 gorgeous stamps to add to my collection and I fully intend to get started with them today... heaven forbid they get suffocated in the packaging for too long....
This is my gorgeous card from Gayle but I had to keep it secret until today as it relates to this weeks Sugar Sugar challenge over at The Sugar Bowl... isn't it just the most beautiful card.




What I surprise I got when I received this little cracker from the wonderful Karen... another so unexpected card.... thank you honey.



This bright spring beauty came from my friend Gail who only started her card making last year... and it certainly brightened my day when I took it from the envelope... you can't see the sprarkle properly but it has been coloured using Sakura stardust pens.

The beautiful flowers in the vase are also from my friend Gail... talk about feeling special... along side which are some of the other cards I received.

Here are some more of my cards along with the lovely flowers I received from my mum's friend Sandra, who is the lovely lady who has done all of my ironing since my operation... Gerbera are so my favourite flower & she knows it...




Close up of my beautiful bright bouquet




This was a bargain buy at Ikea yesterday....
It is a super little table which has a height adjustable leg & you can have the tabletop either in a flat position or angled... just had to get it as my physio wants me to do as much work in this position as possible so I am not hunched over... so this will be perfect for those evenings when I'm sat in front of the TV colouring my images... it was only £15.
Almost forgot... the top is perfect for taking pics on too as it gives the perfect black background as you can see from the pics above...



Now here is my much needed pressie from my dear hubby... my all new luxurious chair to use in my craft room... another great purchase from Ikea... it has a tilt mechanism so I can lean back to stretch my back when needed... the front of the chair is slightly higher than the back so my knees are in the correct place & most importantly it has excellent lumbar support...
Now I really do feel like QUEEN OF MY CRAFT ROOM





Well I hope you enjoyed your little browse through my pictures...
I'll be back later with a little creation... perhaps using one of my lovely new stamps....
Thanks for stopping by & if you leave a comment I'll pop by your blog to say hi...
Big hugs
Lorraine
xxx








9 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Lorraine!
glad to hear you had your best frock on last night lol!!
hope you had a fab birthday
(did you enjoy the launch party too!)
Emma xxx

Lorraine A said...

oohh you lucky girl :-) Love all the cards and flowers and your chair looks v comfy !! I perch on an uncomfy stool !!! ha ha
Belated Happy Birthday x
Lorraine

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Lorraine
Sounds like you had a fab birthday. Your flowers and cards look gorgeous. I am off to Ikea on Tuesday, that table looks so useful. Debs x

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday To You !
Happy Birthday To You !
Happy birthday Dear Lorraine !!!
Happy Birthday To You !

DID I FORGET TO MENTION
happy birthday huney pie!!!!!

Hope you had a great day, you deserve it, super duper prezzie's..
Hugs As Always Angel
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

AWwwww rat's, just read back, sorry missed ya birthday, but i did send you a little tune, only cyber tune though you would run if you heard me belt out my lungs....
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HUN...
Hugs Angel

Lynsey said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday.

Heidi said...

WOW that is a lot of wonderful goodies, I guess getting older is not so bad since you get some wonderful goodies!

Cazzy said...

Didn't you do well!