A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Sunday 4 October 2009

What a shopping day...

Well after all of the chores were done today... housework, bunny cages etc.... we set off on a shopping trip... the aim of which to get a toaster & kettle...
I will try to remember & post a picture of our new toaster tomorrow... it's so cool as it has an egg cooker attached to the side of it... oh yes I can boil, poach or scramble my eggs at the same as I am making my toast... how cool is that.... gonna try it out tonight for my supper so will let you know how it works.
Next up the kettle... now you would think this is a relatively easy task... into Argos we went, chose a (RAPID BOIL) kettle, paid for it & when we got home.... plug it in & guess what... it took over 3 minutes to boil.... RAPID BOIL my butt..... so back in the box it went & back to Argos I went... explaining that my reason for the return was due to product misdescription. Right.. let's have another look for a replacement kettle... yes I got one... same process again coming home & plugging in... this time it took over 4 minutes to boil my new RAPID BOIL kettle.... would you believe it!!!!
I noticed that the item numbers on the boxes had been changed so I pulled out last years catalogue & strangely enough they were not listed as rapid boil.... then again they were infact £5 cheaper then.... hmmmm makes me wonder if to compensate for the price increase they are simply changing the facts....
Needless to say I quickly packed up the 2nd kettle & returned it directly back to Argos... so with this done I simply asked for my money back as they obviously have an issue with product misdescription...
I will be very alert to this in future & will be wary of what kind of products I buy from them now...
So before I say good night... I'll let you all know that I'm now off to place an order for some new coffee tables, side lamps, throws & yes you guessed it... a kettle... this time putting my trust in Tesco direct... keeping my fingers crossed these all arrive safely & that I do infact receive a rapid boil kettle... lol....
Until tomorrow... toodles....
Lorraine
xxx

1 comment:

weekend-crafter said...

Oh dear me, is there going to be no tea and toast for Rob & you for quite sometime?? How are you keeping honey, its been a long time since we last chatted. Hope everyone is A OK and life isn't to hard on you all, Karen xoxoxo