A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 1 December 2008

St Andrews Day....

Well as you will know yesterday was St Andrews Day here in Scotland so how did you all celebrate???
For me I braved the elements and instead of setting out to complete a card challenge, I had a personal challenge to accomplish instead... and yes I achieved it so I'm over the moon...
Yesterday morning I donned my clothes including hat, scarf & gloves and set out into the freezing misty morning with my sights set on making it to the craft fair in Ingliston... Through the mist I went, then a light fluttering of snow for all of 60 seconds & what did I find at the other end but fabulous blue skies... wow it was like being in a different world instead of only 5 miles from my house...
My main reason for going was to see the lovely and very very talented Wendie Rhodes and Audrey Sibert so had a lovely time with them & a right good chat to catch up with everything that's been going on. Needless to say I was being pampered by them due to my recent operation...
Obviously I had to do a little shopping whilst there though nothing much as I can't carry much weight at the moment so had to be extra careful... Got a tidy tray as I've been telling myself for the last year that I need it but never actually gotten around to it, the lovely funky fonts templates by Wendie & also her sugar plum christmas stamps, some cuttlebug embossing folders, collall photo glue as I'd be lost without it and rubber stamps by Little Claire & Penny Black....
All in all I had a wonderful day & was well chuffed with my accomplishment for the day... just to make sure I stay well, had a lovely long soak in a nice hot salty bath last night... then up & moving on this morning...
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend & a belated Happy St Andrews Day to all you Scots out there...
Happy Crafting
Lorraine xxx

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Name dropper you...I'm not at all jealous!!!
Need anymore cuttlebug folders??? Check my blog, you'll laugh!!!
I made last years Christmas cards with the Sugar Plum fairies....very funky!!!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x