A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Daring Cardmakers Challenge

The challenge this week over at Daring Cardmakers is "Scallops". Out came my trusty old Fiskars shapecutter & template & off I went.... There is detail to this card but at the same time it is a very simple & quick card to make. I have mounted the scalloped card on foam pads just to add an extra bit of depth to the card although it does not show very clear on the picture. some stitching, gems, dots on the flowers & buttons finish the whole thing off.. My favourite thing about the whole card is the brightness of the colours as they make me feel happy & with my operation quickly approaching I need all the cheering up I can get at the moment.
Thank goodness for blogging, sketches & challenges otherwise what else would a girl do !!!!!!
Thank you to everyone for all their kind words of support.
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

6 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hello, sweetie!! :o)

Lovely card, and how wonderful it is to see you lighting up Blogland again with your presence and your fab creations! :o)

I gather you're off again for a week or two next week, though. You know I'll be thinking about you, and right there holding your hand in spirit, if not in the flesh.

Big squashy hugs,
Chris xx

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Lorraine and it certainly is cheerful... love all the flowers, beautiful :)
Hope you aren't finding it too hard waiting for your op.. we'll all be thinking of you hun.
hugs
Chris xx

Anonymous said...

Love those big scallops - fab card, thanks for joining in with the DCM challenge. :)

Vanessa.

jay670120 said...

this card is lovely x

jay670120 said...

i have emailed you x

SueH said...

Loving your card Lorraine, it really pretty, especially the added bling!
Thanks from ‘daring' to take part in this weeks DCM’s challenge.

Sue
x