A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Thursday 22 May 2014

More Candy

Well its been a few days and I've only got one project to share so far..  not very good is it but I've been a busy wee bee personally so it's kept me from my crafting. 

Mums been having a down in the dumps week,  between different commitments I've not seen too much of the old hubster but on a good note the ironing pile is non existent lol. 

Bank holiday weekend has just about arrived and it's gonna be a fun one.   Tomorrow will be about the boring chores to get them out the way,  hubby working Saturday so I'll get to have a play in the craft room hopefully unless something pops up,  Sunday I'm working at the Sincerely Yours  show in Edinburgh then Monday I may manage a wee bit of chill time with the old yin as he's off work.   Then..  done a shift swap next week so I'm off Tuesday too.  Gonna be a quick week, work Wed & Thurs,  off Friday,  work Saturday and then I'm on holiday for a week to look after poor hubby who's going in for an operation.   Bet he milks this no end  lol. 

Anyway, on to my wee project.   I took a Candy Box Crafts 'mini candy box', painted and covered it in G45 papers then added some bits & bobs.  The wheels are bobbins, metal cogs and a key then a mini vial with some glitter enclosed were attached to the outside.  In one end I've put some twine & wooden buttons then in the other end I've filled more of the vials with glitter to represent precious metals having been mined from the earth.   You see I wanted something different from my little box and I had a vision of one of those old carts that's went down the mines, you know the ones they filled with coal etc to bring it back to ground level.   I may even need to roll some wonky shaped pieces of clay to create the coal  lol.  

Well I'm sure you've had enough of my garbling for now so will bid you all farewell for the night and head off to my crafty stash.   I feel the need to get creative!  

Toodles for now
Lorraine xxx

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Lorraine this is just so cute love all the g45 you used hugs Nikki