A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Distress ink storage unit

Well my time at the CHSI show is sadly over and I'm home again.   I sure will miss Susan Jones & Pauline Wheeler (my partners in crime) as we had such fun from the moment I arrived till the moment I dragged my suitcase out of the hall this afternoon. 
Over the next few days I'll be uploading a mix of pictures both of samples and from the show itself starting tonight with something I made for Jones Crafts. 

Products used:

Ink storage system - Candy Box Crafts
Papers - Kaiser Crafts base coat range
Paint - Kaiser Crafts
Spellbinder die
Mod Podge
Silicone
Self adhesive pearls

Technique:

Start by constructing the frame and   adding a coat of paint

I wanted to have some fun with the paint so for the back of the unit I created a distressed and dripped look by multi layering colours and water spritzing.  These paints are such fun to work with that you don't have to just flat paint with them.   I actually adore them and they have a superb colour range as well. 

For the paper layers I measured my sections and cut accordingly.   I slightly under cut as I wanted to have a painted outline around all the sections.   These were then all glued in place.  As the base coat range is double sided I decided to use the unit as a reference system also.  Top left hand corner has 1 side of the paper showing and the box immediately below has the opposite side.   This allows me a quick view of both sides of 10 sheets of the paper!  I sanded all of the edges then added a little ink to give that slightly aged look. 

Finally I die cut some flowers, all from the base coat paper range again and adhered to the box using silicone and added some self adhesive pearls to the centres. 

Candy Box Crafts are pretty much newcomers to the market and I can highly recommend their products.  Precision cut & high quality. 

Well that's it for tonight I'm afraid, back to normality tomorrow with a wee day in the shop. 

Toodles for now.
Lorraine xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy days Lorraine xx
And a fab box too xx
P xx