A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 12 April 2010

What a glorious weekend...


Morning folks and what a glorious weekend it has been here and I hope you've all had a piece of the sunshine over the last few days too.... it's so nice to finally feel like the winter is over, thermals can be packed away for another few months and time to brush the cobwebs off the t-shirts... lol
Even though I haven't taken time to boot up the computer (far too nice for that) I have been busy crafting away in the sunshine and I will do my best this week to post at least once per day... should be easier now that I've had a little sunshine boost. At the end of the year we binned our old patio table and chairs as they were a bit kicked so there was panic around here on Saturday... all this sunshine and no-where to park our bums in the garden. A quick dash to the garden centre and back we came with a nice round wooden table & 4 chairs (all of which fold for easy storing during the winter months). Next up a BBQ for dinner so off to the supermarket for some hotdogs (my favourite), steak and burger for Rob, salad etc. Needless to say our bums were in the garden all day yesterday too... lol. Though I must admit it's not the nicest of sights at the minute... the hard winter has killed so many of my plants including my 8 foot Yukka and Eucalyptus trees... very sad... so they have to be chopped down and the remainder of the garden needs to be tidied up as well so that will be a lengthy process over the next few weeks. Have a feeling it's going to look rather barren by the end of it all.
Anyway, in the meantime here's one of the little cards I made at the weekend, very quick and simple layout. I stamped the image onto some card and water coloured using Sakura Souffle, then I stamped around the border using the tail of the bird image and a little inking. Mounted this onto some blue card then again onto the base card. At the bottom of the card I placed a layer of brown card, on top of which was some blue paper which I punched with some Fiskars punches, threaded my ribbon through and then attached. A little inking around the edge of the base card finish it all off along with some little gems.
Well, time to sign off again, need to do a quick dash around the housework then out into the sunshine I go along with my paper and pens to do some colouring... later on I'll tend a bit of the garden and if the sun keeps up, may well be BBQ for dinner again... lol.
Hope you all have a fabulous day.
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

No comments: