A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Saturday 20 June 2009

Soap Powder Box


Here is the base of my soap powder box which is now going to be used for my annual card diary.



Now I am currently working away on this project... managed to get an hour of it done on Thursday night then a little more time last night.... it's been one of those weeks!
Anyway... For decoration I am using my Brenda Pinnick box I got from QVC... it's great having a good old rummage around in it.
Firstly I started out by covering all four sides of the box with paper and took it over the top of the box & part of the way down the inside... this way once my dividers are in it won't be noticeable that the bottom half of the inside is undecorated.
This is the first side of the box that I have started to decorate, although it is not yet complete... think it needs some slight jazzing up but you can see that when it's 100% complete.
I used a sentiment from the kit that says "Family Never A Dull Moment" as there is always a card to be made for someone in the family & attached down the left hand side of the box.
Next I took 3 strips of ribbon & simply tied them together around the box.
Then a die cut tag which I attached to the box & on top of that I added a sticky sentiment saying "How Many"... yes we always have hundreds to make don't we.
Next up came the die cut alphas to say "card box" again stuck to the box & finally 2 little chipboards 1 butterfly & a flower which I attached using silicone.
After the week I have had it was just so relaxing to sit & allow my mind to play. Not sure if I will get a chance to do any more of it tonight though as my step daughter is performing in a concert which she & a friend have organised. This is it's 3rd year but would you believe... the 1 st time I've managed to make it. The 1st year it was on I was in Alaska & last year I was at the Create & Craft Experience so I'm really looking forward to seeing how well she has done. Obviously she must be doing something right if people are coming back year after year.
Finally... I would like to say a huge thank you to all you lovely bloggers out there who have left me messages of support over the last week. They really were appreciated & sure did help me get through the days... Certainly not the easiest of weeks as on top of my brothers anniversary my mums husband was also informed that he has a small begnign tumour & my hubby has also been at the hospital. Hence there really has been no time in my days to accomplish very much crafting... hopefully the coming week will prove to be a better one.
Thank you all again.
Love hugs & kisses
Lorraine
xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW thats great. Could not quite see the finished product in my head when you called yesterday x x x

Christine said...

It's great to hear from you again. I hope that you have a better week.

Blessings,
Christine

Riet said...

What beautiful Lorriane,l love the papers.

Hugs Riet.x