A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 28 September 2009

PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE


Well another fab challenge has been set this week over at the Penny Black challenge site where the colour combo is CHOCOLATE, YELLOW & PINK...
Oh no probs there... after all I drink nothing but Hot Chocolate in the evenings... hmmm a thought has just entered my mind.... LOL
Now I have been collecting an array of tins to use for storage so I decided to make a start upon one of them... yes you may have guessed already... the base of my project is a Cadburys Hot Chocolate tin.
First up I took some Core-dinations papers from the Chocolate Box collection which I sanded down to show the yellow background & then attached this to my tin. Next up came some pink ribbon which was attached flat to the tin with some yellow ribbon tied around this.
My faithful "Whispers" stamp came into play again.... this is such a versatile stamp as I can now create any colour flower I wish using this stamp & I simply chop off the remainder of the foliage. I used some Brown Colourbox ink to stamp the image onto the yellow side of my core-dinations paper & then added a little shadow. Also stamped onto some pink DCWV paper from the Blossoms & Butterflies collection. Cut all my flowers out & attached to the tin using silicone then to finish off I tied some chocolate brown ribbon in knots to use on the centre of my flowers.
This is a fun little project to do whilst I was sitting on the sofa watching Dirty Dancing....



Well it's time to go again as dear hubby is off today & we're off out to have a look at some cars... our main car Chrysler 300C is due to be traded in March of next year but we are looking to see if we can find a good enough deal just now that will allow us to make the switch sooner. This way we hope to save a couple of hundred pounds a month in car payments which would be a great help at the moment during this stupid credit crunch...
See ya all later....
Happy crafting
Lorraine
xxx

3 comments:

Lora said...

mmmm hot chocolate yum.
Unfortunately every time I have some when I am crafting, I always manage to spill it all over my crafty stuff! lol
I have loads of these tubs and never thought about doing anything with them but think I might have to give some of them a make over now ;)
Lora x

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge lorraine...thanks for joining in the fun at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Fab project Lorraine and excellent original use of a PB stamp - love it!! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x