A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Monday 26 January 2015

Very special picture

Today has been mostly spent with mummy dearest and I couldn't believe it when she came out with old pictures I have never ever seen before.  I was slightly dumbstruck and excited at the same time. 

This one here is of my Great Grandfather Patrick Flaherty.. don't think I'll be waging any bets on somebody guessing his nationality eh lol..   date of which is sadly unknown.  Now this man here was declared 'missing in action' during WW1 and is the reason why I bought a Tower of London  poppy.    This is one of only 2 pictures I have ever seen of him, the other being that on the postcard notification of his death. 

The other treasure mum unearthed was that of a photo album belonging to my Grandad which I never knew existed.   It contains pictures of him and his brother (my Great Uncle John) during their military time based in India.  I will get some proper pictures of the album etc during daylight so I can share with you later.

This sure helped lighten my mood as it's not been the best weekend.   Sadly my step sisters husband passed away on Saturday.  It will only be a year come April since she lost her Dad and now she has this great loss to deal with also as well as helping her son through it.  No time is ever a good time to lose a loved one but to become a widow at 44 is just not right.   Poor girl doesn't know how she's going to cope and get through this but she will..  She's a very strong person inside and will do what needs to be done.   God bless her though.

Well it's time to sign off as I want to throw a few licks of paint on something before bed so Nighty Night all.. 

Xxx

No comments: