A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Thursday 10 April 2014

Flowers flowers everywhere

Well its been a while and tonight its fresh flowers I'm sharing instead of paper ones. 

A week past on Saturday my step dad was admitted to hospital and unfortunately took a turn for the worse two days later and we were called to his bedside.   There we were to stay until the early hours of Thursday morning when his body could fight no more and he sadly passed away.   Although it has been a relatively short period of time the last ten days have felt more like a month.   Tomorrow (Thursday) we will lay his body to rest and say our final goodbyes. 

We have been blessed to be surrounded by such amazing friends who have provided an endless stream of support.   They have made me laugh and been there for me when I cried.  That is the kind of support which is hard to repay but I will always be there for them in years to come through thick and thin.  

Mums house is filled with the most gorgeous bouquets of fresh flowers and this is one that a special friend got just for me to cheer me up as I've spent all my time either at the hospital or at mums so she thought I deserved a little something just for me. 

I'm also fortunate to be blessed with an amazing husband who hasn't once blinked an eye at my absence.   There were days when we didn't see each other at all and most other days we haven't seen each other for more than 30 minutes in the morning before he goes to work as he's been in bed by the time I came home.  

Well folks, that's it I guess and although my brain is ticking away at 100mph I need to try get some rest as we have a long day ahead tomorrow.   Hopefully next week will bring some normality along with it when it arrives.  

Love & hugs
Lorraine. Xxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been amazing through this upsetting and emotional time and your family must be very proud of you and I know that we, your friends are
P xx

nikkib said...

So very sorry to hear your sad news. .... Will be thinking of you today. ... somehow you will find the strength to get through and be there for your mum. ... hugs xxx

jo said...

will be thinking of you and your family , send lots of huggs xx

mixamatoasties said...

xxxxx

Cass said...

Gorgeous flowers.Will be thinking of you today <3<3

Hels Sheridan said...

Thinking of you and yours today hun... big hugs XXX