A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Today's To Do

Another very good morning to all my lovely jubbly blogging buddies out there in blogland...
Hope this morning has found you all safe & well..
Now before I do any crafting today I MUST run some errands... Have to pick up some card stock as my supply is quickly deminishing, have to pay some cheques into the bank, pop to the post office & deliver some stuff..oh let's not forgot the trip to the local supermarket for those bits & bobs...
Then I have to then pay the gas & electricity bill... almost £800............. is it any wonder that older people die from hypothermia year in & year out in this country... how the hell are they supposed to keep warm when this is what it costs... I know they receive an allowance towards covering the cost but still nothing compared to this bill... Because I was recovering from surgery and in the house most of the time over the winter months my heating has been on 24/7, but overnight & during the daytime it has only been high enough to keep the chill from the air... certainly hasn't felt like I've been in Bermuda or anything.... I should have been so lucky.... the only real time it was turned up was between the hours of about 6pm & 11pm. So wish I lived in a lovely old house where I could have a wood burning stove or something.. heating would be much better & cheaper....
Well that's me cleared my chest for the morning so the quicker I leave you all the quicker I can return & get some crafting done then uploaded...
Until later.... love ya all peeps...
Hugs
Lorraine xxx

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi honey...

With £800 you would have been cheaper going to Bermuda! Ah, but you know you'd miss 'the well'!!!
G x

Anonymous said...

OUCHHHH £800.....
Blimey that is bad, mine is due in this month, gonna hide me think....
I feel for the elderly too, what has this world come to!!!!!!!!
WE LOVE RIGHT BACK TOOTCH!!!!
Hugs Angel

Emma said...

Sounds like a busy day...god £800!!
Hope you get your jobs done quick so more time to craft.
Emma x

Rainbow Lady said...

So intrigued by your Bermuda comment. I lived there for 11 years - and never really cold in the winter usually in middle 50s, but this year the temp was down to 43 degrees f which is really cold for there tee hee

Take care and keep warm my friend Love and hugs Cynthia x