A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 6 February 2009

2 for the price of 1....

Well I'm actually quite happy with this little 2 in 1 tag/card this week & so is my hubby as I actually presented it to him when he came home from work this evening...

This week over at Tag You're It the challenge is to design a tag based on a sketch by my very talented buddy Kath... I know we all love her so much & can anyone really blame us for that... I don't think so....

At the same time the challenge over at the Sugar Sugar this week is to create a tag card... well why not combine both I thought.... that was actually the third challenge then...

So what to do, what Sugar Nellie stamps to use, papers etc...

Well as you can probably tell of late I am loving my Funky Hand papers & after doing previous projects I still have quite a few off cuts left so what better way to use them up than on my tag card...

So yes all papers you see are by Funky Hand...

Now I thought it would be nice to combine these papers with Hamish fixing tractor from Sugar Nellie... He was stamped onto shrink plastic using staz on and water coloured using Sakura Stardust of course...


Now I know it may seem strange but when I'm fit & healthy my hubby & I tend to fix things together as a couple so for the internal section I thought it would be nice to say "You & Me Time"....

All sentiments were from a set I bought from Create & Craft well over a year ago... it was at a snip of a price & just seems to keep going & going... it included something for every occassion and I have went from baby to wedding & sympathy using these embellishments...

Button & rope is from my stash...

If you haven't already joined in the fun at either of these two challenge sites.... why not.... they are both super & come up with such exciting & fun loving challenges...

Well hope you enjoyed looking at my little tag card.

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxxx

25 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Matey.....what a gorgeous tag card....love the papers (of course) and all the little embellies....great idea and fab sentiment...I'm sure Rob loved it..thanks for joining us at TYI again this week...have a great weekend
Hugs
kath xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! So creative!


Tonya

jacque4u2c said...

Love the tag card, just to cute!

liza said...

beautiful lorraine love what you have done ove liza xox

clare said...

gorgeous..love how you combined the two challenges together..you clever girl you..lol
love the images and the FH papers are yummy.
good luck and hugs from me xx

Dawn said...

Hiya Lorraine!!
Well this is really gorgeous for the challenges - love how you have made it into a card - it's so cute, the inside too is wonderful - great idea my friend!

Have a lovely weekend, hope you don't get much snow and thanks for joining us again!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lorraine
Your tag card is gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful tags, gorgeous!

Lilian said...

What a cleverly made tag card - love the clock inside :) Hamish is a real darling. It's nice you and hubby can "fix" things together. Thanks for joining the Sugar Sugar project and have a great weekend!

Virginia said...

Beautifl tag card..

Sarah said...

A fabulous tag as always Lorraine! Love the way you have made it into a card.

Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi hunny,
this tag card is fabulous the sugar nellie stamp looks absolutley stunning


Emma xxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow no wonder hubby loved it, I think its fab, what a great idea, love these Funky Hands papers.
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

gorgeous tag card Lorraine I love the inside as much as the outside, lovely image hugs Jill x

Viv said...

Lovely!

Sally said...

Gorgeous tag card. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sally said...

Great tag, wonderful idea.

melody said...

oh girl ~ that is one rawkin kewl tag/card ~ love your design and how it opens up! how creative! love it! and darlin lil images

Sue said...

This is fantastic, I've never seen a tag like it xx

Anne said...

Cor!! I saw this challenge but didn't get time to play this weekend! You've made a fab job of the template and I LOVE the papers and images you used! This is a fab tag card!!! Thanks for playing with us Lorraine!

Lyneen said...

Love your tag for the challenge at Tag Your It... sweet images!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh cute, I love the tag card. Kim

Mrs J said...

Lorraine, this is so sweet! Love the way you've made the tag open and the images are so cute done on the shrink plastic!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Shanae said...

Adorable! I love the outside and the inside!

Chriss Rollins said...

2 challenges in one well done, I love the card tag will give this a try some time.

chriss x