A PLACE WHERE CHAOS OFTEN PREVAILS!

Friday 15 August 2008

Daring Cardmakers Challenge

The challenge this week over at Daring Cardmakers is to use a wrap around your card of acetate, vellum or infact anything.

I have decided to use this card which is a piece of commission work I made for a show on Create & Craft put together by Cardology & Marking World. The base card has a heart appeture which I emphasized by adding 2 outer glittered hearts. Then an acetate wrap was placed around the card. The flowers were traced from a Cardology template sheet with a fine tip pen then decorated using a Sakura quickie glue pen & glitter. The "Just for You" sentiment was from another Cardology kit which again I highlighted with glitter & attached to the acetate wrap. To finish the whole card off I wrapped a stitched ribbon around the spine of the card & tied in a knot.

Nigel May loved the card & I hope that you do too.

Happy crafting :-)

17 comments:

Juliet said...

Oh this is soooo elegant and beautiful Lorraine. Lovely card.
xx

SueH said...

Your card is so elegant in my opinion Lorraine.

The uncluttered and simple lines make for a stunning card.

Chris said...

Hi Lorraine, you've been busy with another stunning creation! Such a great idea and so stylish. Love all the glitter too. Chris xx

Kath Stewart said...

Wow this is scrummylicious and love those flowers and all the glitter accents
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Lythan said...

What a fabulous card Lorraine. I'll have to look out for it on tv!

Judy said...

Beautiful, Lorraine, agree with Juliet & Sue - it is so elegant!
JudyNZ

Anonymous said...

Oh My Lorraine your card is simply...`Stunning`
Have a great weekend:)x

Kathy said...

Lorraine, your card is absolutely beautiful, I love those flowers and the simple white and pink colour sheme is just perfect

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow Lorraine ,its fabulous so beautiful ,love it ,Dawnxxxx

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous - I love sparkles!

Sankari W. said...

what an amazing idea!! love the flowers as part of the heart - it seriously stopped me in my tracks - it is jaw dropping gorgeous!! WOW!

Jozza said...

It is stunning! Those flowers look wonderful :o)

Jozza said...

This is stunning! The flowers look amazing!

Louly said...

Oh I most certainly do love it, it's stunning! As is the voice of your step daughter, I'm very impressed.

Erum Tasneem said...

It looks so elegant Lorraine!

Kim Costello said...

Stunning, so elegant and pretty, wonderful idea for the wrap! Kim x